Saturday, March 21, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

We had our usual leprechaun attack at our house. Those pesky little creatures always leave green footprints all over the house during the night and they hide things in weird places...and of course leave a treasure for the kids to find.
But I had a pure moment of insanity and I told the kids to invite a few of their friends over after school for a St. Patty's day party (all the other holidays get plenty of attention...so why not "go green" and party with the Irish!) Anyway, 19 kids later (that's a "few" , right?), we were having a blast eating green eggs and ham, and reading the story, of course. Then, we made some magic leprechaun wands...I had a feeling the kids might need them later.
It was a good thing we had those magic wands, because we found a note that said a leprechaun had spread gold pieces all over the yard and it was our job to find them all! So I set the kids loose, the smaller ones in the front yard, and the bigger ones in the back! It took a while, but I think they found all the gold!

We all had a blast! And I especially loved the warm weather so that everyone could stay OUTSIDE! Yeah!

3 comments:

Celeste said...

I think you have a touch of "Crazy Leprechaun Fever" to invite 19 kids over! You are way too ambitious!- but I love it!

Traci said...

Tanya you are the cutest mom ever!! What a fun idea! You are way too creative. I need to pick your brain when I need cute ideas!

Sherilan said...

That looked like a lot of fun and I wish I hadn't been sick that day so I could have helped. That would have been fun. Thanks for asking me and sorry I couldn't.