Feb. 26th, I took Korinne and Porter, along with my parents, to the Draper Temple open house. I wanted the kids to be able to witness the amazing beauty of the inside of the temple and hopefully, instill in them an even greater desire to get there someday. At the beginning of our tour, we were given some information on what went into the building of this temple and where many of the fine materials came from, like the stone on the outside of the temple was from China and the wood all around the inside came from central Africa, but all the glass work was done here locally....it was all absolutely breathtaking. The kids loved the beautiful chandeliers, especially in the Celestial room and I loved being able to explain many of what the different rooms were for. I love that we have so many temples so close to us and we have the opportunity to visit so often. The blessings our family enjoys because of the temple are too numerous to count. I am so grateful every day that we have the opportunity to be together as a family forever.
I remembered to bring my camera so that we could get some pictures outside of the temple...but, wouldn't you know it, my battery was dead. Oh well, hopefully, Korinne and Porter will remember this day and what they learned and make the choices that will bring them back to the temple someday.
8 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment