Since we are now 3 1/2 weeks into the new school year, it's about time that I post something about the 1st day already!! I felt like we were scrambling to be ready because we were out of town until the day before school started, but somehow, we were ready and the kids got up good in the morning and were excited to head off! Porter was especially excited to be in 1st grade, because he could eat lunch at school...the novelty will soon wear off, I'm sure. I'm not quite sure how I feel about having another one in school All. Day. Long. It's nice in a way...a little more P & Q for me, ya know. But I miss them. And, as always, I worry about what is influencing their vulnerable little brains for 6 hours out of the day. Okay, I have to stop that thought right there or I start to drive myself crazy. I'm teaching them the principles of the gospel at home and somehow that HAS to carry over....right?! Anyway..... here's Porter with a couple of his buddies, Kory and Sam...they are such goofy guys...they just make me giggle!
Porter was soooo excited to have his own desk...he felt sooo BIG! Stop growing already....it's killing me!!
Look at that grin!!
Korinne was pretty excited to now be one of the "upper grades"...4th grade is a big deal...ya know! She was also a little apprehensive...we've both heard the homework horror stories about 4th grade....and now 3 weeks into it....WOW! Are we ever feeling it! What ever happened to a kid having time to just be a kid? Algebra in 4th grade....are you kidding me?! We might make it through this year with some hair left on our heads....bald patches throughout! But, hey, in 4th grade, you get to serve lunch sometimes...that makes it all worth it, right?
Here's Korinne with a couple of her friends...Maddi and Lia. I think Lia looks extra excited to be there...don't ya think?





No comments:
Post a Comment