Friday, February 11, 2011

Daddy-Daughter Dates

Daddy-Daughter dates have always had special meaning to me, from the time I was a little girl until....well, even now. Time spent with my dad is priceless and precious.
I take my dad skiing every year on his birthday....and this year was no exception. We always have a wonderful time racing down the mountain and sharing meaningful conversations on the lifts on the way back up....I wouldn't trade this time for anything!
This year was especially enjoyable....and what a perfect day it was!! (This was a few weeks ago.)
The weather could not have been more perfect...it was so beautiful up there! Not even a bit of wind on top of Strawberry....I don't think I have ever enjoyed skiing the Strawberry side as much as this time! We could look down in the valley and see the quilt of smog covering everywhere, and just be happy that we were not down there breathing it in! We thoroughly enjoyed a not too crowded hill, a yummy lunch at the John Paul lodge, and so much fabulous skiing, that our legs were jello at the end of the day. Every year, I am reminded of how lucky I am to have the parents that I have, who raised me in the gospel and taught me so much of what I need to be a mother to my 3 sweeties.
Happy Birthday dad.....and here's hoping for many, many more years....and ski days!
I couldn't ask for anything better!

No comments: