Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tribute to the Sweetest Little Dog...Shelby

Today marks a sad day for us. Our sweet little dog whose shared our home for 12 years was hit by a car in front of our house. It looks like she died immediately, which makes me feel better that she didn't have any pain. But, we're really going to miss her. Holt keeps asking me if Shelby is crying.
I'm really going to miss how she always got up in the middle of the night when I would get home from work just to greet me, then go right back to bed. She loved to lay on or right by my feet wherever I was sitting. She loved to go to the cabin. I'm so glad she got to come with us one last time just a couple of weeks ago.
Korinne is going to miss her tricks of standing on her hind legs for a treat. She was the sweetest dog and was patient with any kind of torture the kids would heap on her.
We like to laugh at how she fell in the pool a couple of days ago while she was watching us swim.
Porter is going to miss her following him around in the back yard.
Holt is going to miss feeding her her treats.
Colby is not going to miss cleaning up after her in the backyard, but he is going to miss her sweet temperment.
Good-bye Shelby. We love you and we'll miss you.
We are so sad.

4 comments:

Julie said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I know you guys all loved her very much.

Kristen said...

Sorry about Shelby. She will be missed by all of you. Your family looks great! Congrats about your
5K. You are inspiring me. Really.

Six-Pack Momma said...

I'm sorry. It really is losing a part of the family....my kids are holding out for the millenuim when we'll have our "Lucky" back.

Celeste said...

Oh, I'm so sorry, too. It felt like one of my children died when my dog died a few months ago. Shelby was a good dog.