8 months ago
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Big Brave Boy
Porter had his 5 year old checkup at the doctor's office today, which includes (gasp!) shots!! Oh no! He only needed some moderate persuasion to pee in the cup, and of course, his checkup went well. Although, the Dr. let me know that he is still on the shrimpy side for his age. (I really don't think there will be a future in football). Then, came the dreaded shots! He was frightened, and it took some persuasion and promises of treats to get him to sit on the table...(in the meantime, I was having flashbacks to Korinne's 5 year old shots...I was six months pregnant and literally lying on top of her on the table to hold her still while she screamed...good times!) But he just sat there, squeezed my hand, said "ouch" quietly a couple of times (he had to get 4 shots!), and got a little misty eyed. When it was done, he jumped off the table and said "Okay! All done! Let's go get treats!" I was so swelled up with pride...my strong, brave, albeit little, boy! "Okay bud...off to Costco for Berry smoothies!" Wow! What a difference between girls and boys! They never cease to amaze me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
He's a cute boy! I love costco smoothies!
Hey Tanya I found your blog from The Dixons, I hope you dont mind we keep on eye on you guys cuz we see you only once in a blue moon even though we are still kinda in the same neighborhood. we are at jensens7.blogspot.com
Post a Comment