Monday, January 19, 2009

Porter's 5!!!

Porter's birthday has rolled around again...and we had a weeklong celebration! After all....you only turn 5 once!

We had our family party on Sunday night, which is always a little crazy with so many cousins running around...
Look at that grin!! He's been wanting to add a "storm trooper" to his Star Wars repertoire for months....and Grandma Lori finally came through!


And what 5 year old birthday would be complete without a Star Wars battle scene birthday cake? Korinne and Porter designed the epic battle scene....I'm sure it has some strategic purpose that I am just too dense to know about!


Tuesday was his actual birthday...so I let him dictate our entire day! It started with a few rounds of Mario Kart on the Wii between Porter and me...or course he slaughtered me every time....why does it make me so dizzy and doesn't seem to affect the kids at all? He's always thrilled that he can beat mom. Next came a few hours at the treehouse with lunch at Arby's afterward (of course...don't the treehouse and Arby's go hand in hand?) I was ready for a nap by the time we got home...but instead I was instructed to play several rounds of Double Shot followed by a Star Wars battle where I was, as always, the bad guy (whichever one Porter wanted me to be), and I am always getting annihalated by the good guy...aka, Porter. After Colby got home, we told Porter we would go anywhere he wanted for dinner. At first, he said Maddox...we were very excited. But, then he changed his mind to...you guessed it...McDonalds! Sick! Anyway, it was his day, so we couldn't argue...so off we went to the germ fest. Oh well, he had a great birthday!


Saturday was his friend birthday party at the Dinosaur Park...that was loads of fun! 8 4 & 5 year olds running around as excited as could be...and we added loads of sugar to the mix just to make it more fun! No really...it was a good time!

Wow! What a fun week! Porter is such a fun kid to have around...his smile and laugh just melt my heart! Happy Birthday buddy! I hope it was everything you wanted it to be!
Holt had to have his turn trying out Porter's new MP3 player....he wants to be just like his big brother!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Looks like he had a fun birthday! Birthdays seem to come to quickly, they are growing up to fast.

BookwormMom said...

What a fun week, but it makes me sad...he's still supposed to be a toddler!!! Why are our kids growing up so dang fast!!!

The Star Wars cake was great by the way!!! My boys would have loved it!