Saturday, February 2, 2008

Lights please!

So, on one of the latest winter storms (I don't remember which day), we were at Colby's mom's house when the power went out. The kids of course were having fun playing with flashlights and everything. When it was time to go home and as we were driving through our neighborhood, I pointed out to the kids that our power was still on because you could see the lights in all of the neighbors houses. I decided that I should try to teach them about power being one of our many blessings, so our conversation went something like this:

me: "Aren't we so lucky to have lights and tv's and fridges and things that use power? Some people in this world don't have any of those things and they have to use candles or fireplaces for light."

Porter: "Yeah, like Grandma Lori. Their tv doesn't even work, and the light in the bathroom won't turn on. That's too bad."

me (trying not to laugh): "Yeah, we sure are lucky!"

The innocence of Porter's little world!!

1 comment:

The Frog said...

You need to just bring them here so they can see what it's really like. So - shall we put you down for mid-April?