8 months ago
Sunday, February 3, 2008
A full Heart
As I watched President Hinkley's funeral yesterday, I was overwhelmed with a sense of gratitude for being here at the same time as such a great man and prophet. I was especially overcome when during the closing song, they showed many different video clips of President Hinkley. I never met him personally, but I still felt a bond with him, like he was an old friend, as I'm sure millions of others did, too. And though I am filled with joy thinking of where he is and the work that he is probably engaged in on the other side of the veil, I will still miss hearing his sweet voice in conference and other broadcasts. I am so grateful to know that the church moves forward and I know that I will love and cherish President Monson as our prophet also. My heart has been so full of gratitude today. "We thank thee o God for a prophet".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Definitely a great man and a great legacy. I have not spoken with him, but I have sat just behind him and sung while helping set the mood for his message - and to me that's just as good (maybe even better). I have always enjoyed listening to him speak and thrill at the changes that have happened during his presidency (as well as some before). We will definitely miss him, but I am happy for him and look forward to what is yet to come with President Monson. Having such "green" apostolic blood in the First Presidency (speaking of his counselors, of course) is visionary. What more can one say?
Post a Comment