Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sugarholics Anonymous

Hello....
My name is Tanya and I am a sugarholic.
It's time I made drastic changes to beat my addiction, so I am quitting cold turkey. I really see no other way to do it. I am completely cutting out the three c's (cookies, cakes, candy...and all the other treats that go with them....yes, even ice-cream...gasp!)
With the amount and intensity that I am excercising and training for this marathon, I need to treat my body better. No more trying to fuel it with hershey's kisses and chocolate chip cookies!
So....that means, the treats are completely out! (at least until the marathon is done....I can do anything for 4 weeks, right?)
Anyone want to join me? I could use all the support I can get! Thanks for the inspiration Toby!
Here's to feeling healthier and stronger! I'm sure I'll feel great! (after the massive mood swings, gigantic headaches, and intense cravings subside, of course!)
Chocolate?!! Who needs it!!! (sob!)

5 comments:

Six-Pack Momma said...

Funny you should write this. I quit this week. I recognized my 'addiction' and decided I need to stop.

Good luck. The first day was the worst, but it is getting easier. I just found I need other snack choices around. For me, smokehouse almonds are a good solution. Oh, and gum. That's not cheating, is it?

BookwormMom said...

I think Toby is a bad influence. ;)

I quit for 5 days, and I really craved it more by that last night...maybe I need to try harder.

Celeste said...

Can I be there 85% with you?? I'm going to MOSTLY cut out sugary delicious treats- but I confess. I need to reward myself on Sunday night for being good all week... :)

Mindi D said...

It wouldn't be so hard for me with the sugar, it's the diet coke i struggle with!! Good luck :) You can do it!!

Sherilan said...

I wished I had seen this earlier, I definately could have used the incentive to get off sugar again. But Bri and I decided June 1st we would start a no treats diet. Can you believe Brian is going to join me? -- entirely his idea.