Monday, February 2, 2009

Porter's thoughts

I sometimes wonder what runs through my kids brains, and every once in a while I get a glimpse at some pretty profound stuff. Today, after having lunch with Colby at his office, the boys and I were driving home and Porter was chattering non-stop as usual. I was kind of listening when he all of a sudden hit me with "Mom, does Jesus have a wife?"
My reply, "Ummmm, yes, I believe he does. It makes sense that he would, but the scriptures don't really tell us for sure."
Porter, "Then, how do you know?"
Me: "Well, since the whole gospel centers around families, don't you think Jesus should have a family, too?"
Porter (quiet for a minute): "Well mom, does Jesus have kids?"
Me: "Ummmmm....huh....well, the scriptures don't tell us for sure, but I believe he probably does."
Porter: "Then how do you know?"
Me: "Well, I don't know for sure. That is just one of the questions we'll have to ask when we get to heaven."
Porter: "But when we get to heaven, we'll be dead! We won't be able to ask any questions."
Me: "Well, you won't have your body, but your spirit can still talk."
Then, I reminded him of the lesson with the glove representing our body and our hand representing our spirit, and he seemed to get it. Then, he was just quiet the rest of the way home. I decided to just be quiet myself and let him ponder his thoughts....they were pretty deep and I needed to ponder them myself!
The things kids think about....amazing!

4 comments:

Traci said...

I can't believe how big Porter is! I remember him and Kam running around at tumbling back in the day. You had good answers for him, I would have been stuttering a little. Too cute!

Traci said...

Oh yeah thanks for being my friend on Facebook!

Six-Pack Momma said...

It amazes me what they come up with! Such amazing little spirits!

brenda schenck said...

Tanya

I am so glad you found us. I don't read my comments very often so I didn't see that you left one until just now sorry if it was forever ago. Your kids are getting so big. I can't believe corrine got baptized. We are all getting old. Don't be a stranger.

Brenda