Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Single mom

Well, it's Wednesday, the 4th day since Colby has been out of town for work. We miss him immensely (is that how it's spelled?), and we are all really looking forward to Friday afternoon when he gets home. Also, since it's Wednesday, it's cleaning day and as Korinne so elegantly put it this morning....."I HAAAAATE WEDNESDAY!!!" I just sighed and tried to gear myself up for the inevitable fight after school to get chores done before tumbling.
I was in the bathroom (with the door locked) enjoying a few moments by myself when Korinne came home from school. Much to my surprise, when I came out, she was scrubbing her bathroom WITHOUT BEING ASKED!!! She had only been home for about 2 minutes and she just rolled up her sleeves and went to work! UNBELIEVABLE! Of course, her friend Maddi called about 20 minutes later to see if she could play. She got the rest of her work done in 20 minutes! That is a world record for her. So, of course she got to play!
So, feeling pretty good about my day, as I was tucking the kids into bed, I went through the nightly ritual of asking them what their favorite part of the day was, and they had varying answers. But then Porter told me "I sure will be glad when dad gets home so it won't be just you."
Thanks buddy. Me too.

1 comment:

Six-Pack Momma said...

Woohoo! Go Corinne! Gotta love the honesty of kids. Isn't it great to know he loves his dad so much?! Good luck 'til he gets home!